Friday, September 02, 2005

aWas It All A Dream?

On the 1st of August, 2005 I finally woke up from this horrible dream I'd been having. I had been in a coma like state for thirteen years where every thing seemed cloudy and unreal that the last vivid thing that I could actually remember was being dragged out of my English class by my principal at my catholic high school, Salesian in New York while I was taking Mid Terms for late tuition payments. This was a school of Don Bosco, and thats why the reaction of my principal became shocking to me because Don Bosco had started the Salesian Missionaries and was known for bringing in even the children who couldn't afford the tuition and educated them. I guess Mr. Flaherty didnt watch the same movie on Don Boscos life that we were forced to watch each year. Any way back to today, it started of wierd. Jenny told me today once and for all that she would never be in my life again which devistated me, but after I did what I did it's understandable. There is though a huge focus on my task at hand. There's only a week left until I leave and there's a lot of preparing still left to do. I spoke with my sister Deb today, and talked about matthews plans to go to school this semester but as like a young person, my nephew really doesn't know what to expect. I made my way to James Carello's house in Eastchester with Dave Naar where we met up with some childhood friends we've only seen a handful of times in the last few years. The older you get sometimes you lose touch with your childhood friends due to you taking on more responsibilities in life like work, and family. James has been a great support and has been spreading the word to all of our friends about my trip cross country from New York to California on my mountain bike. As soon as we arrived we were greeted with smiles from A.J., Allen, Renda, and J.O.B. showed up a few minutes later. I had found out there all the actual support I was getting from my friends. The date was set for Thursday the 8th of September to have a send off/ fundraisor event to help me on my journey. It's going to be held at Spectators. We wound up leaving James' and went on A.J.'s boat out to Long Island. We all had great dialogue where I learned a lot more about my friends and their families than I ever knew.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home