Tuesday, September 13, 2005

I'm off

I WOKE UP ON THE MORNING OF sEPT. 11TH AFTER that dream and realizing that I had to go. I thought I would be sad leaving but that dream helped. Pop, james, Dave, Matt, and, Rick saw me off and I took shore rd. to fordham to the height. I stopped for a little breakfast on 179, and broadway and headed over the G.W.B. The beggining of Jersey was tough because I had to go arount to get back on rt 46 where I was able to ride on it again. On my first day I stopped in ledgewood just some miles out of P.A. where I stayed at this very modest motel but it served it's purpose. My brother Darren called me that first night , and I made some calls to let people know I was O.K. Pop calls me every day and I usually speak to Rick , James and DAve daily. Spoke to Matt too. Rich I called but you didn't answer. Almost to the border of P.A. IN Delaware/COLUMBIA I met a man Erech barron, and we began to talk, and he was intrigued by my story, and had learned of his cancer story in his family. His wife suffers from cancer along with his mom and his father who he loved very much passed on from brain cancer. You now that first night in Ledgewood before I even found a place to stay I went to Outback Steakhouse where I was treated with open arms by the workers there. George who runs the place gave me a free meal and they all wished me well on my journey. The second day I spent in Bartonsville, P.A. AT HO JO'S AND MADE MY WAY THROUGH THE pOCONOS AND WYOMING MOUNTAIN INTO Wilkes Berre where I am now at the local college. Kings College where I'm using the computer at the library. It's 10:30 and I'm pretty tired. I got an E-MAIL FROM SUZANNE FROM OUTBACK ANd she relayed a story to me regarding her uncle who is suffering from throat cancer. Her words touched me, and inspired me even more. Especially today after I talked to Mitch briefly and he told me he wasn't doing to well, and still offered to help me any way he and his wife Nancy could. I hope you feel better tomorrow, and I can't wait to see you when I complete my journey. Well in the morning I plan on going to the local T.V. station to see IF they would like to cover my story to raise awareness for the a.c.s since I did stop through their town.Anyway I hope they do. N ow I will return to the bar across the street where I left Tom who I met here in town. he had water and I had a coke. I was going to have a glass of white wine, but I'll save it for the weekend. O.B. THANKS FOR THE CALL and putting that together for me. Love you all.

1 Comments:

Blogger JSP said...

Russ,

You're an inspiration! I enjoyed meeting you at Spectator's last week. Your story is amazing and your spirit shines bright. I know this is a hard time for you; your choice to raise money for ACS as you deal with your loss shows the strength of your character. God speed in your journey!

-Jennifer

7:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home