Tuesday, September 20, 2005

IT'S BEEN LONG AND TOUGH

I got into Penn ST. about 1 pm and went right to what they call the hub, where hundreds of kids hang to eat, talk, and even study.I went right to the school radio station where I met the d.j. drew, and he put me on the radio live. I rode around campus for a while until I got my haircut then checked into the Atherton hotel which was over priced and not too impressive. I later got something to eat and then hung out at cafe 210 briefly and went in for the night. nothing too eventful went on and the town to me was a little over rated but crowded on friday due to the football game against Central Michigan who they wooped. I talked to the usual suspect, and stayed up yill 12:00 to wish James a happy birthday. I wound up speaking to Lil RICH that day and night and he wasn't feeling too good it made me sad to not be able to help him and to be so far away.Remember Rich be strong and stand tall,I love ya boy. I left State College that morning going towards punxsy, and at the local gas station I ran into a mailman who helped me find the best way there. His name was Rich and grew up in Yonkers right off Mclean on so. Devoe right next to the house On LEE ave where I was as a kid. He even gave me a dub for the road, and also called a few hrs. later to see if I was o.k. Besides that the day didn't start to eventful unless you count raining all day and night for the 82 miles I rode, and falling off the bike going down a mountain. I messed up my gears and tires, boy was I upset, and my wrist hurt too.I stopped at rainy's general store about 20 miles away from Punxsy and there kathy, and suzie fed me well.I WAS greatful to meet nice people that were willing to help like Ben Miller , when I was only a few miles away from Punxsy in the dark, in a mountain in the rain almost getting hit by several cars, Ben stopped to offer me help into town to my motel which was over a garage but cheap and great.He got me out of the cold rain and took me to the hotel lounge in town to hang out with his friends. he introduced me to Kevin, Amber,Jaimie, Deb, and Eric Toy and he gave me a small donation from his heart for his mom is a cancer survivor. we all laughed , listened to music and enjoyed each others company. for a small town they really could party.I EVEN got my mac on briefly but had to put a quick end to that. Lookin for love in all the wrong places, lookin for love in too many faces. you know I would of felt bad the next day for taking advantage of someone very needy.Well Deb keep Love in your heart, and I know with Ben I have a friend for life. You know people on this trip keep asking me if I'm alone and I always tell them no, that I have my mom riding right next to me, and that I have the love and support of my family and friends which I need because this sure hasn't been easy. Thank you all for having faith in me, i'M forever greatful that you all never gave up on me even in times when I may have given up on you. LIL Rich, Matt, and Emily make good choices and Rick keep up the good work and Daryll and Darren thanks for talkin and encouraging me. I have no radio but I got the music in my head and just keep singing the the same verses from only a few songs like the one mommy always love, dream a little dream, and others like against the wind and aint nothin going to slow me down. I left Punxsy,and talked to Deb about matt, dont worry Deb it'll be all right. I'm happy shes returning from NEW ORLEANS. I love you and am proud of you for helping down there kid, you're my hero. I speak to Pop everyday and hes usually worried about me like James O.B., AND Renda. I left Punxsy and got to new Bethlahem where I got FLAT, AND FIXED IT ,but before I did I met Linda who is an 11 year ovarian cancer survivor and kicked it with Don ABOUT TIMES PASSED. As I was in new Beth a family noticed me there with my bike and inquired what I was doing there, and when I told them the mother Dautey along with Jeff and dauter AMber were at a loss for words because of their 5 yr old son Dakota who is actually a 5 yr survivor of cancer. Dakota hugged me and they moved on. Dakota I will be praying for you. To Tim, and Judy thanks for the help to Hermitage I really needed it ,and I know Butch is smiling down on you guys , and I hope you get to take that trip, you guys deserve it. keep cooking for your wife. My gears were so messed up that I had to get a ride into Cortland where mike from Mikes Bike shop tuned everything up for me and changed my tire and gave me extra tubes,and his boy Dan the mailman even hit me with a fiver for pop then and then stopped at baconsburg restaurant for food and john ,amy , and pat gave me a free meal thanks guy it was well needed. The night earlier I kicked it with christine and her words and her work ethic were so encouraging ,love ya girl speak to you soon. Rum you wanna know where what stop is on the 6 train?So I made it to CLeVEland and on the way I stopped at Zigales Pizza, and JEFF, Carole, and lauren gave me lunch, dinner for the road that I really needed. I got to Jacobs field and the Gund ARena and took pictures . Its a real clean town. sorry, but I cant forget to say hello to rich n libby in Tyrone, Libby keep doing the great work you do, you do make a difference

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home