Monday, October 03, 2005

Oh boy

I made it into a town named Dotzow after sundown and there was a luncheonette type of deal that was just closing at 8 and the owner said I could utalize the land to camp out. The only problem was that it was so dark in the town and with only my flashlight there was no way I was going to get the tent pitched, and boy was I worried because it was about 40 degrees out that night and I was sweating and the grounds and everything else was still soaked from the day of rain. So I found what seemed to be a tool shed which the walls of it had holes, and the windows busted as well as the door falling off the hinges, of course everything inside was wet. By that time it was 9 pm and I wrapped myself up in the tarp of my tent and layed down on the wet floor of the shed to try to escape the cold but to no evail. I shivered all night and woke up every hour on the hour, and at about 1am I woke up to the song of California Dream, and thought that was my dream right now to make it there, and as I thought that I glanced out of the broken window and was amazed at how many stars lit up the sky in Mizzouri, you dont get to see that many too often in N.Y.C. I then finally woke up at 6am and waited for the store to open at 7 so I could refuel with some breakfast before I left. While eating all the local good ole boys kept peeking at me not trying to make it too obvious but I knew they couldnt wait for me to go so they could have something else besides tracktor transmissions and the weather.all 8 of them sat together like if they where going to have a circle jerk or something. I guess I m goin to mosey on now boys.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home