Friday, September 23, 2005

It's been interesting

I then finally got to Toledo where I checked into a motel and really had to hustle for a good rate.I then spoke to Darren, Rick, Gabe and O.B. who offered there usual support and encouragement. Thanks for always checkin up on me guys. You now O.B. I think about it all the time but I don't think I've mentioned it, but I think of your mom(Jerry) all the time and how she's a survivor of cancer, and her road trveled has definatly been inspiring me. I spoke to Pop too and he was getting surgery so you know I'M a worrier, so I worried, but I know he'll be fine. You know I'm praying Pop. Hey teresa thats a nice job to have, you now going on cruises with the people you work with. Can I work there when I get back? Billy had also wound up calling me late and told me he would try to talk to these chicks he knows in Chicago and see if they can kick it with me while I'm in town. Billy your ex is nuts huh, put her in her place, just like you always do. Hope he can fly out to St. Louis and meet me there next week, that would be great. Before I left for the morning to head for Angola Indiana george called and told me the great news. He and Becky had their third child, Henry James. Congadulations guys, just promise me something even if you have a girl will you give her or him my middle name too? Out of Toledo to rt 20 was sick I tell you, the wind was pushing me around like a rag doll to say the least, and with the trucks flying by actually trew me off the bike several times and even fell on my bad knee and scraped my right wrist. I got back on though it was just as tough as being in P.A. I then continued on and even had a well wisher from Michigan stop and hit me with a 5 spot. She called me sunshine, and brightened up my day. Thanks Patty. While riding I was thinking about Lou 22 from the Bird and the suprise he had for me in L.A. YOU'RE THE MAN and a big fan thanks for always being behind me. I finally got to the intersection of rt 20 I was on and 15 in ohio and took a few minutes to read my map and take a well needed knee rest. As I was laying there looking like I was in pain and needed some help a man approached me with three bottles of water and some peanuts. He had seen the bootleg signs I had on the side of my bike so that people would know what I was doing, and even hit me with his toll money which came out to atleast 20 or 30 bucks. We spoke briefly and found out that his name was Dan Henning and he's a proffesor at Hillsdale College in Michigan. We said goodbye and I continued on to the Ohio/ Indiana border, and no sooner as I was to be in Indiana with terrible storm clouds brewing in the distance did he pull up in his car explaining that he could live with himself leaving a person out there like that with the weather that was approaching, and wouldn't you know as soon as I got my bike in the car heading just a few miles away to my motel in Angola did it start to pour, thunder and lightning it was sick. Do you know any words that rhyme with mucked, cause thats what I would have been out in that storm. He also is the coach of the debate team, and even learned about the death of his mom in 86. So as we got into town it was all black, the storm knocked out all power in the town. Dan then proceeded to the front desk and polied a good rate for me and got it,and actually paid for it and left, and said," Dont worry about it, just mention me in your blog", and bounced. So for the next few hours I just chilled in the dark outside and bs'd with Brandi at the front desk. I called the boys, and the fam to let them know what was up and found out Renda, Sandra, Goose, Maryanne, A.J., and Dip where at BBQ'S in the city at a Big Daddy Kane concert, thats whats up. Yo let the rhythmn hit em, one time Big Daddy. Hey goose can I get a FREESTYLE ON THE PHONE. Hey talk about having angels in the outfield, put me in coach I'm ready to play center field, Thanks mommy I know you're lookin out for me, I've been missing you a lot, even though I know you're with me always. you have definatly been saving me on this trip when it got tough. Its just that you know death is always harder on the living. Yo John Carello who made the best catch you ever seen? By the way remember Dan Henning, how about the movie Mo Money, you know who told me that joke?, Dan Henning told me that joke. Amber it wasn't that funny, oh I see the mailboy, how bout I just take right back to the getto, what am I saying he can't afford you anyway. Well I thought it was funny.I was hoping tomorrow would be easier and it was except for a blow out that I changed and kept it moving, I mean movin, I was averaging like 15- 18 miles per hour on my way to South Bend. I made it there in great time. You know the hardest part of each day is always the first mile, but is so gratifying when you reach your destination. Yo Dave I hope you and Alexa are having a good time , sounds like you are. Wish I were there. Hey Alexa my wrists are getting strong, so I hope you're going to hook me up with a nice hispanic girl when I get back, and I hope she's filled with as much sprite and energy as you. Work on it girl I'll be back soon. So enjoy your nights repose, you guys work hard,and deserve to unwind. Anyway I'm here at a Quality Inn, AND sAM HOOKED ME UP with a good rate. Gotta go now I gotta be up early tomorrow and meet with Fox News 28 out here to interview me, and I cant wait to read the article in the paper tomorrow too in the Tribune, anyway peace. I'm glad Deb is back from New Orleans, and that Pops O.K., and Mitch ,I'm thinking about you and praying. Hope all of my family and friends are good, I love you all. Rob I hope you and Chris,and the kids got out of Houston safe. Oh yeah Dave thanks for workin on that kid. Oh yeah it might be hard for you guys to call me, my phones been turned off for now until I can pay it. I'll try to call you all though another way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home