Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Im now on the interstate

The best advise I've gotten so far was from Bruce. He told me riding on the interstate out in the midwest was o.k., and he sure was right. He also said it would be an easier ride, and again he was right. The state routes had very little shoulders and werent as safe. It kept me away from towns, but out here they are far from each other and few. I made my way from Springfield to Joplin, Missouri. I had stopped at a gas station and ran into Greg Roberts who read my signs on my bike and we got to talking about my bike problems and my trip. He had went home and picked up his daughter Brittany who was a writer for her high school paper, and wanted to do a story on my trip. We had spoke a lot and he treated me to McDonalds and even hit me with a 25 dollar food card, that came up very big. Brittany was also going to try to see if they could do some kind of fundraisor at school that I hope would be possible. I didnt have much money so George after I tried about 6 hotels sent his credit card through to pay for my hotel, thanks Geo. I wound up spending about 3 hours trying to adjust my gears to a point where they wouldn't shift on their own, and finally got it and took off to Tulsa about a 110 miles away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home