Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Under a bridge

I left on the highway again and its so much easier to ride on a good paved surface. I was on the Will Rogers Turnpike and halfway to Tulsa at a rest stop I met Drew and Mitch who hit me with 20 bucks and chatted for a while, and even poked fun at me because they said that going through to Ammarillo to New Mexico that it was empty, with no one because I was saying how empty Oklahoma looked already. So now off to Tulsa I just kept thinking about Stand By Me that I watched last night in the hotel, "two for flinching". Oklahoma for the next few days will be unseasonably hot thats good, better than being too cold in the night like in Mizzou. I finally got into Tulsa and I just didn't feel like riding anymore miles, a hundred and change for today is enough. Now with the sun down for the night and not many people on the highway I decided to do a Bruce and save my money and sleep under a bridge overpass. The night was very mild and fell asleep easy singing the Red Hot Chilli Pepper song, "Under The Bridge" which is the only verse I know and I mummbled the rest. Stars at night in the midwest are prettier each day. I woke up at 6 am and brushed my teeth with the little water I had and broke out. Got to leave early if I want to get to OAK City tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home