Sunday, October 16, 2005

We got here

We made it to the Canyon at about sundown. We would of been there earlier, but he stopped off at rest stop to talk to one of his girlfriends for 2 hours. He had talked on the phone before while driving so I didnt know what his deal was cause I could barely understand his Mexican dialect anyway. We took a few pictures, and then checked into the Red Feather Inn cause the temperature had dropped some. The ride up from Flagstaff we took a detoure and rode through The Kaibob Forest. It sure was beautiful. We woke up early the next day and ate oatmeal at the Inn and went through the south entrance and went to different points like Mather, Yaki, Moran, Grandview, and The Desert View which was the best of them on that side. It had a big lookout tower and you could see the Colorado river the best from there. The best part was hiking down The Kaibob Trail, we only hiked down about a mile and a mile back, but it was everything I've ever dreamed it to be. I saw a group of people riding mules, and met a dude named Danny from San Diego who actually just recently in honor of his mom beating lung cancer participated in a relay for life in St. Louis. Being here I felt this great energy and felt blessed to be able to experience something I've only seen in pictures. Florencio couldn't get over it either, and kept asking me how to pronounce it when ever he spoke about it. Istill cant believe where I am, I didn't want to leave. I would of went down further, but it takes a day down, and a day back. We wound up saying goodbye at about 1pm and I was pretty sad to say goodbye. After being with him for 2 days after not really interacting with anyone the whole trip except for Kevin and his family I was appreciative to not have to talk to myself. I wound up eating at McD's, and thinkink about my next move. I took off about 1:30 towards Flagstaff and got there about six. In Flagstaff you saw a lot of bike rider, back packers and hitchhikers. It was cool to see. The ride down wasn't bad at all and so I took off to Sedona which I' heard was great. The ride there was a little chilly but fortunate for me through it was mostly all down hill right down into a valley it was so amazing. It's definately one of the worlds hidden gems, like a jewel in the nile. Igot into Sedona after sundown and stopped off at the Pines Campsite to try my hand in pitching my tent again and you know that turned out to be a disaster, but lucky for me Steven and Janice were there. They helped me pitch my tent, Oh I mean they pitched it for me. After they did that they actually grilled me some burgers, gave me drink, and opened up to me like I was their loved one. I guess having someone objective to listen helps anyone and could offer you valuable insight. They are both 34 years old and Live in Sacramento, and chose to come out here for a few days to try and work on their marital problems. We all need a little break from the world sometimes. Hey Janice, maybe you're a little hard on him sometimes, but I guess us guys need to be put in our place sometimes, sometimes. Itseems they have love there between them and I hope they can reclaim that. Hey guys I hope you can find your hidden gem in your lives, please find that magic again. Anyway I know if there is a place here in America to try to find it , its definately here. I know if you could it would bring me hope in my life. thanks for looking out guys.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home