Saturday, October 22, 2005

The best city yet

It was a great little hostel only minutes from the beach. Natalia who checked me in was wonderful and full of life, smiling and helpful from the jump it was just a taste of what was going to come. I hit it off with everyone almost instantly. The hostel had a big tv room, a common room, a patio with a ping pong table and a hammock including a kitchen where we spent time together cooking and sharing food. I met John and his wife Katie from the U.k. who were on their first leg of a trip around the world. Next stop for them was Fiji for 3 weeks and then New Zealand. There was Jen D'amore from Arizona who was here for a few days to relax and take surfing lessons. We shared time together making smores and talking about Physics. She was a fan of what the bleep, so I was pretty excited about that. She also told me of how she was in Italy during 9/11 and the hospitality she was shown by them. Since she's from Jersey, and her family lives in Brooklyn she was worried a bit.Jen actually got home and when she did she made a donation. She really touched me cause it was done right as soon as she returned home. Hope to speak to you soon. Who else? there was Eric, Sean, and Judy from the Rotchester area of New York who were in town after taking a bus to Washington State and then rode down the coast to San Diego. Eric may be the only person I've met that likes to take more pics than me. Hey guys you had so much weight on your bike, how'd you do it? Cat who's from Boston, Matt from Dever, and Sonia,and Mirium from Switzerland, and Shanker from India who was now living in the U.K. for the last 12 years. I enjoyed the beach with the Swiss girls. Matt, Cat, Sonia, Mirium, myself and Torben had a bon fire at Mission Beach where we heard of Matts exploits of women being an owner of clubs in Denver after bleaving the tech business. On a personal note Matt shared with me the stories of his fathers death of intestinal cancer and his moms death of ovarian cancer. He said he misses them now more than ever and always appreciated everything they'd done for him.Matt is an entrepenuer had had offered me valuable insight for the business world as well as life. Cat has been traveling the coast of Cali for the last year and has even been in Greece and New Zealand where she stayed at hostels, and even told us stories of her and friends along with dog hopping freights from Ohio to Chicago. Mirium and Sonia had come here to travel a few weeks before going to a host family's house in Santa Barbara where they would study english for the next 3 months. Shanker was here to go diving. We actually went to Tiajuana and didnt spend too much time there on account when we got to Revolutionary I talked him into going to the strip club even though he wasn't to keen on the idea we went anyway. I had gotten Mexican money out of the bank and tried to get it exchanged in the bar. I gave a 1000 pesos to the waiter and tried to come back with 40 bucks. I didnt even have time to finish my beer and so I went down the stairs to see the manager about getting the rest of my money. I was in a rage and Shanker followed me not knowing what was the matter and decided to stay outside after I ran back up the stairs with the manager following me tring to settle me down saying dont worry Ill help you get it back. So without even thinking what could happen to me I went up to homeboy and demanded my money back saying I know yall got to get your hustle on but THAT i DONT KNOW WHO YOU THINK i AM BUT i WANT MY MONEY. He then asked me how much I wanted and I said I want it all. I wound up hitting homeboy with 20 cents, and bounced. Shanker had said to me when I got outside that what if they would of killed you and honestly I told him I didnt think of that, that I just wanted my dough and that was it. We wound up getting him a bottle of tequila and bounced. I was kind of pissed and when we got back Shanker Matt, and I went to sunset Cliffs to find the tunnels which I thought would settle me down but I got there and of course I had to jump first into everything and try to get down the cliffs. I wound up getting soaked by a humogous wave and actually falling and breaking my digital. So I did as I do at home, I didnt say a word and just left and walked home. In light of this day San Diego was definatley great to me, the weather, the people. It was nice here the sunsets, seeing V.w. buses, bikes unlocked, garage doors opened, skate boarders, bike riders, and backpackers. Anyway time to say good bye and head to Los Angeles. I've decided to pick up some extra miles and finish not in L.A. but in San Fran and go check out my cousin Cey whos e-mail was touching.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home