Sunday, October 23, 2005

I'm buggin out today

I left Monterey and took a paved bike trail out into Castroville and then up highway 1. Today tHE RIDE WAS HARD, NOT CAUSE OF THE TERRAIN BUT, because of my brain knowing I'm so close to finishing, and for some reason in Santa Cruz I stopped at a Beacon gas station, layed in the grass and started to cry. I cried for like an hour and a half. I really didn't want to keep going. I wasnt really that physically drained but very emotionally spent up. I just couldnt stop crying and then all of the sudden I got on my bike and moved on. The rest of the ride up the coast was awesome heading towards half moon bay. This guy in a truck Larry who was a professor at Santa Cruz gave me a lift just a few miles into San Gregorio. He got me out of the thick fog as much as he could. The rest of the ride through the fog to Half Moon Bay was dangerous.I made it to half moon Bay and I stopped for drink and to rest for a minute and met this 60 year old throat cancer survivor Kenny who has lived all over the country, and in 2 weeks is taking a trip around the world with his bike. He said after battling cancer for 3 years he has a new leash on life and is looking forward to traveling with his bike. We rode into Moss Beach together and he went to the V.F.W. AND i THEN RODE INTO Pacifica,and then Daly City, and then Finally getting to San Fran. I cant even tell you how happy I was to be there. I'm beat up and I just wanted to find Cey at Toscas where she worked on Broadway and Columbus in North Beach. I found it and left my bike outside and ran in and gave her a big hug. I'm done, now I will relax for a few days and chill.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home