Sunday, October 23, 2005

over rated

The weather here in L.A. is rainy, and people here in the hostel and in town are cold. I'm going to try to contact Monica who lives here, she's the daughter of a great Italian woman named Lyvia who I met in San Diego. Lyvia and I hit it off well. She was in town from San Fran with her friend Sandy to attend a womans seminar. We had thought the same on the issues that were discussed at the seminar. She gave me a donation , and thought sinse her daughter is high up in a production company, that she could help me in some way. She didnt answer or return any of my calls, just like Amy's sister. I had been talking with Amy and Lisa from The A.C.S. I hadnt spoke with them for a long time. Inever even met them and cant wait to meet with them. They are the ones who helped me set up this trip and since its free to call them, its easy to stay on. We have a lot of laughs and they just listen to me go on about my trip, which I appreciate very much. Well after walking around Santa Monica for a little while I took the elevator up to my dorm, and this kid introduced himself to me as Ronald from Tennessee, and in my mind I convinced myself that I wouldn't talk to anyone out here, but he was so nice I couldnt help it. So Ronald and I kicked it. See Ronald was here for some change in his life. Being from Tenn. there is not much going on and wants to persue an acting career and just get away since he and his girlfriend broke up. He served in the army for 4 years and is now here with not much support from his family, because they miss him. He is his moms only child, and he said she wants him to fail. That sucks when you dont have the support of loved ones. So he showed me around the beach and the pier and had a hard time keeping up with me jaywlking, and crossing against the lights. All he would say is, oh, here he goes again. Later on that night his dormmate Keijo from sweden, Ronald and I went to Hooters and had a few beers. We wound up taking the bus together. They got off in Beverley hills, and I continued towards Hollywood. It was bad weather out, but there was really not that much to L.A. I went by China town and little Tokyo and even The Staples Center, and just like riding my bike through Century City and Beverly Hills I was so not impressed. Of all the places in this country that I've asked for directions, the majority of the people wouldnt even look at me much less answer me except for one person. I heard a lot about upity L.A. people but I was sure they would still be like the Californians I met in San Diego. Boy was I wrong. I just keep thinking now of all the things I want to do when I get home. Now that my trip is close to ending, I really want to keep it moving and get out of L.A. and get to my next destination. I have a new outlook on things, and just want to attack them all and get working on them as soon as possible. Bye Bye L.a., I wont miss ya. Keijo I hope the next 5 months are well to you traveling the world, and please find a nice Fiji girl and think of me if she got a friend. Ronald, dont go home, get out of S.M. cause the person you are it's not made for you, you are too nice. Go to PointLoma first and then make a choice. Ihope you do it kid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home