Sunday, October 23, 2005

I'm done, with bad news

I got in and stayed at Tosca and hung out with Cey, and Pete the owner,and talked about the trip and laughed a little. I then went home to notify some of me finishing and then just fell asleep, happy to be done. The next day Cey went to work and I just lazed around the house until she came home. I talked with Lisa and Amy and had some laughs. Then I called Mitch to let him know that I'll be home soon so I could Finally meet him, but again he didnt answer. So I called his wife Nancy and no answer either. Then a few minutes later Nancy called me back and she said,"hey Russ, did you hear and I said hear what, even though I knew what was coming, she said Mitch had passed the other day and that she was at the funeral. We were both too choked up to speak and we hung up. We said we would speak soon. I started wishing I took one or two more rides and got home in time to meet him but I didnt. Could I have done an extra 10,20,30 miles a day, but I thought about how he made it possible for me to take this trip, and bring a new perspective and some closure to my life, and how his wife, kids , family and friends must miss him much right now. I spoke with Andy Capp also and he didnt even get the chance to say goodbye, and its hard because he loved him so bad and that this is his first friend he has lost. Death huh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home