Tuesday, October 25, 2005

It took two

It took the lives of Carole Porfilio, and Mitch Berke for me to take my trip. My moms death lead me to my journey, and Mitch's kindness, his battle and the eventual loss of his life to get me to my destination. To you both I will be forever in your debt. I just want everyone to realize that because of their lives I was able not just to raise money, or build awareness for a horrible disease, or even the opportunity to touch the lives of those who I had met along the way, but they helped me feel a way that I haven't felt in years. They helped me regain a love, a passion for life again. It's a feeling that even if I were a poet, I would never be able to put my thoughts down on paper or express in words. I guess some things are better left unexplained and just felt. I can only show it through leading a life of kindness, love, compassion, and patience, and pay it forward as they did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home