Sunday, October 23, 2005

Thank you all

I just wanna thankMommy, Pop, James, O.B., Billy, Dave, Goose, Renda, Los,Allen, A.J.,George, Gabe, Wolfie,Cravato,The Berrios' in Fla, Cey, Deb, Rick, Darren, Daryll, and all the kids, Titi, Che, and the rest of the family,Mitch, Nancy, Andy, Denise, George M., Florensio, Jaylese, The Roberts, The Gile's, Mr.Foster, Jerry V., Lisa D., Amy D., Ben M, The Chicago Fire Dept., Larry, Randy, Dan H., Lenny, Sean, Jen D, Suzanne I., Toby, Spice, Steve, Janice, To all in New Ro who sponsored me, Matt@ EMS, Steves Bike shop, All of you at the Point Loma Hostel, Tom C. To everyone who fed me or donated some $ for me to eat. To all of you I met on the way and inspired me with your stories of a life, or of a life lost. I had no idea what I was doing or what I was getting myself into. Basically I just left my moms early on Sunday and got to the G Dub, and said o.k. I'll just get over and find the best way west without knowing where I was going or where I was going to stay. I got lucky to have met everyone I did. I was blessed to make it here. Iremember talking to A.j. and him saying would you take rides,and I said Heck no, But I had no clue of anything. I wound up taking about 900 miles off my trip with the rides I'd taken. I needed everyride, and every bit of help Ihad gotten. You see I'm no professional, and without doing what I had to, I dont know how I would of made it. Doing a trip like this with someone or someone following you is different. When you're in strange lands with limited money and no Phone your mind could play serious games on you. Its not like being in the city and you have to get back to the Bronx, or Westchester, I was in places where I didnt know if anyone would help or if I could feel safe with the people who did. So I felt every situation out and did the best I could. I now have a new outlook on things.On how I will approach life. I, for a long time approached it as if everyday for the next 100 years where guarenteed , but not anymore. I will live each day like its my last and work harder than I'v ever had. Ialso learned that I could still not like to be alone and miss my friends and family. I'm just glad its over. The last 3 months have been crazy. My moms death, my girlfriend,or ex I found out had gotten pregnant by another man, Mitch died before I returned, and the ups and downs of this trip. Lately life has been trying and I just want to feel normal again and make good choices in life, and be good to evryone. I lost that angerthat had been eating me up inside,and I WILL never want to experience those emotions ever again. my life and the life of others is too important, and if I didnt lose that feeling many years ago when It was all a dream, I probablly wouldn't of had to take this trip to bring any closure or to reflect. Mitch like my mom you are a star to me and stars shine bright even on the darkest nights. Thanks for the bike, it got me across. And Like the song goes I dont care how I get there, get there if you can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home