Saturday, October 29, 2005

Home

I returned home on a flight out of Oakland where I met Katline from various places around the world including Nepal, and Costa Rica, and various other places in the U.S. She was actually on her way to upstate New York where she was going to adopt a child of a friend who about 6 months ago died from cancer. Then there was Bud who grew up in P.A., and now living in Northern California was traveling to the city for a three day stay to enjoy Eric Clapton and Cream in concert. They were both great and made the long trip go by fast. I arrived at J.F.K. AIRPORT at 3:30 and was happy to be in N.Y. There was only one problem I had waiting for Dave to pick me up and that was it was too cold , well for the type of clothes I had on anyway. I saw James, and Jackie, and then fell asleep at Daves house. I then woke up the next morning thinking I was going to get on my bike. It felt wierd to be home, and a part of me still wanted to be on the road. Im filled with so much energy that its hard for me to stand still. The next day I made my usual contacts and saw Rick, and the kids, and also saw Gary and Steve at Specs and spoke to all others who had helped me on my trip. Myfather and grandmother had returned from P.R., and my pop was excited to see me back and was happy to see me safe. Then there was Nancy, and Jared, mitch's wife, and son who had met me in Mt. Vernon to take me up to Scarsdale to have dinner with Mitch's sister, mother, father, brother in law, and nephew, and niece. Dinner was great and so was the family. It was great to finally put faces behind the voices. I was so happy to be with them, and enjoyed hearing stories from Jared and Nancy about Mitch and even during an interview with Ken Valenti from The Journal News IT GOT EMOTIONAL. Nancy had shown me a picture of Mitch and I was happy to get to see what he looked like but it still wasn't the same. Nancy said the picture of Mitch was from a time when he was felling better during easier times. She even shared a storie of Mitch's last hours and how Jared tried to make it back in time to see him. Hey Jared I know what its like to not be able to be there when a parent breathes their last breath. Sorry for your loss guys, but I know Mitch was listening that night when we toasted to him. Im sure he was happy we were together knowing that his kindness and love for life helped me complete my trip. Right now my life feels full of energy and I will channel all of it in a positive manner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home