Sunday, October 30, 2005

Just thinking

I COULD REMEMBER BEING ON THE ROAD ESPECIALLY in the mid west, and west of the music they played. Not a lot of stations came in all of the time, but when they did it was country, and spanish, only not the kind of spanish music played here in N.Y., it was old hillbilly Mexican music. I thought about all the food I ate which was mostly fast food like McDonalds, Burger King, Subway, and 7 eleven pre wrapped sandwiches. Its not like I could of even enjoyed slices of pizza cause everywhere in the country you could only get pies. Actually in Chicago I found a slice by Wrigley field that was excellent but it was 4 dollars, and when in San Fran they had slices the size of my hand for 2.50. While on the road some days I did get to listen to some Joepardy, wheel of Fortune, and even some Seinfeld, on my radio that had a television band. I could also remember how I would get on the bike weather it was rainy, cloudy or sunny. I would think to myself after I made it through another day how if I would of stayed where I was instead of riding in bad weather and being happy that I did leave towards my next destination. I'd spend a ton of money each day on chocolate, power bars, and a whole bunch of water, and Power Ade. Sometimes depending on where I was the time went by slow, and sometimes very fast. I guess some days more than others I had more on my mind. I was lonely most of the time even with the people Ive met which for the exception of the few I gotten rides from I really only had minutes to get to know them or hear of their stories. Things sometimes come to me as a blurr and only when I look at pictures can I remember. Its weird, I actually miss the days that I had cursed. Its easy now to reflect but at the time it was very frustrating. Taking a trip like mine I didnt really get that much time to enjoy places like the Pacific Coast, cause I could only really stop for a few seconds at a time and admire the view and snap a pic or two. Maybe if I ever go cross country again it will be in a car and I could really enjoy it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home